Green bonds 2014 webinar
Year round up - how and why the green bond market has trebled in size this year
2014 has seen an explosion in the green bonds issuance – over $35 billion have been issued this year alone tripling the 2013 figure and raising the 2015 expectations to $100 billion. New issuers, new investors and first-ever market indices prove that green bonds have a real potential to shift substantial capital towards investments that bring the world on the road to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Climate Bonds Initiative and the Network for Sustainable Financial Markets invites you to join a year-end webinar on green bonds on the 16th of December.
Timing: New York 12 pm / San Francisco 9 am / Chicago & Mexico City 11 am / Sao Paulo 3 pm / London 5 pm / Frankfurt 6 pm
CBI chair Sean Kidney and CBI Market Analyst Tess Olsen-Rong will cover key market developments in 2014 and discuss:
- Dramatic growth of the ‘earmarked’ corporate model; from zero to 40% of the market in 11 months
- Standards for green bonds and their role in preventing ‘green wash’ + Climate Bonds Standard update
- Key opportunities in 2015; China and US muni market
- Next steps to ensure that the green bonds market growth delivers the real impact
- Commitments from institutional investor – what they mean for the market?
- Major players in 2014
- The importance of first market indices